I had the pleasure of staying at the Portmarnock Hotel recently. I was doing business in North Dublin and the location suited me perfectly. I have to say it was a fantastic stay. I find Averil in the sales department wonderful to deal with. I was checked in by Garbour – who was lovely and friendly and went out of his way later in the evening to obtain an old nokia charger for me. I stayed in a sea view room, which was beautiful. Really loved it, decorated in egg shell blue with a very inviting looking bed.
As a female staying in a hotel by myself, I love to order room service. Had a great sea food salad which was delivered very promptly. The glass of wine was also very generous and I appreciated that!
It was just a pleasure to wake up to the sound of the sea, I really didn’t feel like I was on business and the shower was just fab – nothing like the sunflower/rain showers to wake you up in the morning. I took a walk around the hotel after breakfast. I like that there are many areas where you can do your own thing and find a comfortable spot and read the newspaper or avail of the free wifi. I was looking at the hotel from a Conference/meeting organiser prospective and this is what I thought make the hotel a great choice –
· Free parking and lots of it
· Main conference room has its own access
· Choice of meeting room – plenty of break out space centrally located
· Great pre-registration and coffee break areas
· Mix of old world and new – blend of the original Jameson Family home with contemporary lobby, rooms and restaurant
· Golf – world renowned golf course
· Great evening entertainment options – lovely bar area that can be made private.
· Plenty of options in the area for incentive or evening entertainment- Malahide Castle is just on its door step- link to things to do –
· It is right on the coast – wonderful beach walks and a lovely garden area. I noticed many business people taking a walk before starting their day.
Other Dublin Venues – to hold an event, conference or meeting.
So hope you liked this post. I will be reviewing a venue in Ireland every week so do check back. If you would like to talk to me about any venue in Ireland do just call, I would be happy to offer my expert advice. 353 (0) 26 21015