The room was full of energy and people with a positive attitude. It was extremely well organised by Sandra and Andy Harte – Executive Directors of BNI Ireland.
Here are some of the highlights and learning from the day…
• From Phil Berg of “Reach your Goals”
– Take one part of your business and improve it a little bit, then go around on all of your business and do the same, when all aspects have been improved – start again!
– Arrive a half hour early before networking events
– Sit next to someone different every time –move tables throughout a day conference
• From Maggie Bowen of Sites to go
– Ten things to do for Free right now – Maggie Bowen –Sitestogo – http://www.sitestogo.biz/web-knowledge-page46457.html
– In a 60 second presentation of your business this is what you must cover –
– How can someone help grow your business
– Why are you better than your competition?
– Who do you work for – client examples
– Who is your target market – be specific
– How do you do things different from your competitor?
Charlie Lawson – Assist Natinoal Director BNI UK and Ireland– Best questions to ask at your 1-1 meetings / your networking referral contacts
– Who are your top 3 current clients, why do your clients think you are good? Who are your 3 target clients? What’s the best way to introduce you to a potential client? Who passes you business? How did your best referral happen? What can I watch/listen for to get you a referral? What are we going to do next – follow up?
– Frank De Raffele – Making the Most of your marketing –
I need to write a separate post on this one as there were so many! Very Brief summary is this –
“nobody cares” about your business like you do – make an emotional connection to your target market that inspires them to ACT!
It was definitely an inspiring talk and I am very jealous of Paul of Spa Lighting wining a $5000 marketing consultancy with Frank!
Dr. Ivan Misner – Founder of BNI
– Create a diverse network of connectors -and moto – “I refuse to participate in a Recession”…… there are opportunities in each climate, they must be found and explored. Real Estate agents on the East Coast of the US are having their best year ever – why, because there are properties on the market, at more reasonable prices that buyers are very willing to buy.